Monday, May 16, 2011

My Poor Class 145



Class 145 is my favorite class. These are my seniors, working incredibly hard to get ready for graduation in a month's time.

I feel compassion for all my students, but most especially this class. They start their day before 6 AM and I can look out my bedroom window across to their class at 10, 11 PM at night and they're still in there studying.

Unlike most of my classes, these are genuinely good kids and they work hard and many of them speak English decently well. I have them immediately after lunch on Mondays and Fridays. The last few weeks, when I have gone in there, they are absolutely exhausted. Most of them can barely lift their heads from their books, let alone keep their eyes open.

School's almost over, it's warm and sunny, and they've already passed their finals. I just let the poor things sleep today. They deserve a little rest. 

No comments:

Columbia, South Carolina Current Weather

Current Time and Date in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America

Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot Speech