Sunday, May 15, 2011

Don't teach at Shaoyang Number Three Middle School!

I've been meaning to write this for a while, but I'll just go ahead and warn anyone who is considering it: Don't teach at Shaoyang Number Three Middle School (AKA Shaoyang Foreign Language School).

Even the locals will tell you this isn't a nice school. The kids are mutinous and the staff is misleading, unhelpful, unfriendly, and at times, downright hostile. They go through foreign teachers like Kleenex. If you deal with anyone named Flora or Lisa, RUN.

If you have questions, I can give more specific information privately. But I know now is the time when people are making their plans for teaching next year, so I just wanted to give you a heads up.

I don't regret coming to China, and I've learned a lot and made a lot of good friends here. But there are much better places you could be. 

No comments:

Columbia, South Carolina Current Weather

Current Time and Date in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America

Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot Speech