Friday, January 22, 2010

Under-Appreciated Cinema: Wes Craven's "Chiller"


Anyone that knows me knows that as a rule, I hate horror movies. However, one of the few exceptions to that rule is a little-known Wes Craven film from 1985 called "Chiller."

The synopsis of the film is as follows:

Corporate exec Miles Creighton dies, and is cryogenically frozen in the hopes that he can be revived. 10 years later, the procedure is a success, and Miles returns--without his soul.

Sound creepy? You bet it is. I remember watching this movie as a kid by myself one night. I'm pretty sure I'm still suffering from PTSD as a result. But it's not the kind of movie that scarred me for life like "Pet Sematery" or "Arachnophobia." It's interesting scary... not "I need to change my pants" scary.

Right now you can watch the entire film on YouTube. But just watch this clip (preferably with the lights on) and I guarantee you will be hooked.

No comments:

Columbia, South Carolina Current Weather

Current Time and Date in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America

Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot Speech