Saturday, January 23, 2010

Cool Pictures of the Day: Terraforming Mars


Ever since I wrote a report on the idea in high school, I've been fascinated by the idea of terraforming the planet Mars to make it available for human settlement. I think given the fragility of our planet and the (thus far undiscovered) absence of other intelligent life, it is essential that mankind expand into the cosmos, and Mars is the logical starting point. The process would not be easy, taking hundreds if not thousands of years, but I believe it could and must eventually be done in order to provide humanity with a second home and a stepping stone to further colonization. Here I have included some pictures I found of various interpretations of what an earth-like Mars would look like.




























No comments:

Columbia, South Carolina Current Weather

Current Time and Date in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America

Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot Speech