Monday, January 18, 2010

For A Good Cause: Episcopal Relief and Development


From the ER-D Website:


"Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me." — Matthew 25:40 (NRSV, extracted from our mandate 25:37-40)

Episcopal Relief & Development is the international relief and development agency of the Episcopal Church of the United States, guided by the Episcopal Church’s principles of compassion, dignity and generosity as we work to heal a hurting world.


This is the international relief arm of the Episcopal Church. My church, St. John's Episcopal Church, is donating its loose offerings this week to ER-D to help in the rescue and rebuilding efforts in Haiti following the devastating earthquake there. What little I am able to give I gave to them for that reason. I hope everyone will help contribute financially what they are able to assist. Every little bit helps.


No comments:

Columbia, South Carolina Current Weather

Current Time and Date in Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America

Carl Sagan's Pale Blue Dot Speech